For students, visitors, staff and international guests alike, university signage is an incredibly important way of conveying information to anyone on your campus grounds.
Whether you run a public or private school, a college or university, any signage on your campus must reflect your branding and messaging consistently throughout the location.
Fitzpatrick Woolmer are specialists in designing and manufacturing signage for schools, colleges and universities which comply with government regulations and ensure that the products remain durable for years to come.
Our team has over 25 years of experience in providing university signage solutions for institutions all over the UK. From wayfinding signs to badging signs, our in-house team can work with your team to design and create perfect signage that is consistent across the university.
Deliberating whether your business needs signage? Read our article ‘Why is signage important for a business?’ for or speak to our signage consultants.
University Signage Design
University signage can be used in a limitless number of ways, from installing fingerposts to direct students around the campus to freestanding orientation displays to convey vital information such as upcoming events and ground maps.
Fitzpatrick Woolmer specialise in all areas of outdoor signage, with a variety of entirely customisable products available to ensure that your institution messaging can be delivered efficiently.
Common examples of signage used in universities include:
- University entrance signage. One of the most important forms of signage in educational institutions, entrance signs can often be a representation of your university. It will also likely be seen first by students and visitors alike, so it is necessary to ensure that appropriate information is conveyed to all, such as opening times or welcome messaging.
- University wayfinding signage. Fitzpatrick Woolmer offers a range of wayfinding signs, with products to facilitate orientation such as fingerposts, waymarking discs, waymarking posts and directional signs.
- University prohibition discs. Prohibition discs discourage certain actions or behaviour from visitors on campus and can be extremely informative to help people understand which actions can be potentially harmful or illegal in some cases.
- University fingerpost signs. An extremely popular form of university campus signage, fingerpost signs are used to direct members of the public around large spaces. They are versatile and can convey directional information from one key landmark on your campus to another.
- University notice boards. Notice boards can be a very convenient way of displaying information for staff and students. They can be used to display temporary notices for events or other important information crucial for visitors.
Custom University Signage
At Fitzpatrick Woolmer, we understand that each university’s requirements differ based on a number of factors, from funding to location. Our team is highly skilled and can deliver our services in a way that is most convenient for you. We offer university signage which can be altered to suit your institution’s requirements, whilst adhering to government regulations.
The majority of our university signage options are completely customisable and can be altered to match brand guidelines and in a colour and design scheme of your choice. We are also able to incorporate your university or college logo in addition to messaging to many of our products.
If you would like to discuss a university signage project, please contact our dedicated team. Alternatively you can call us on 01634 711 771 to speak directly to us about your needs.
Brand led sign and wayfinding consultants
Passionate about design and aesthetics
Considerate technical and support advisors
PDF versions of our catalogues are available or can be posted out on request. Simply contact the office to request your brochure.
We have a very experienced design studio offering sign and wayfinding consultation services as well as interpretation design, illustration and mapping. See the Services section of our website for more information.
We offer a reliable installation service, including site surveys and the preparation of Risk Assessments and Method Statements. Our installation service is covered by a one year guarantee.
To make an initial enquiry and to obtain a quote contact one of our Sign and Wayfinding Consultants on 01634 711 771 or email email@example.com. If you are happy with the price quoted we will simply need a purchase order or payment (dependent on account status) to move your project through to design and production.
Should you prefer a face to face consultation to discuss your project we are happy to meet with you, assess your site’s needs and make recommendations for the best products and services.
Quotes are issued on an enquiry by enquiry basis as discounts are available on larger projects and we want to offer our customers the best value. Call 01634 711 771 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a quote.
Most standard products are available 4 weeks from placement of order, receipt of payment or sign off of proofs. Bespoke sizes and custom made signs will generally take 6 – 8 weeks. You will find details of lead times in the Product Features on our website.
Contact our experts
To help fully realise your project Fitzpatrick Woolmer also offer printing, manufacturing and installation services, creating a true one-stop shop for your interpretation, signage and wayfinding needs.
To find out more about the full breadth of our sign design services and the projects we have completed fill out the contact form or call us on 01634 711 771.